Businesses can apply to receive a voucher through the Biz Secure program to undertake security improvements to better protect their premises against break-ins.
Who can apply?
To apply you must:
- be incorporated under an Act of the Northern Territory (NT) or the Commonwealth, or is a sole trader or partnership operating with a NT registered business name
- be physically located in the NT
- operate from commercial premises
- offer services to customers from a shopfront premises or have at least one external publicly accessible entry / exit point
- offer goods and / or services to the public
- have no more than 100 employees
- have been incorporated / registered, and
- hold a valid ABN
- if a not-for-profit organisation, be compliant and up-to-date with all legal obligations.
Who can’t apply?
- Businesses that don’t operate from a fixed premises (for example, mobile businesses).
- Publicly listed companies.
- Home based businesses or businesses operating from residential premises.
- Large shopping centres
- Government and local government bodies, businesses and organisations
- Educational institutions, schools and businesses / organisations operating out of educational institution / school grounds, including pre-schools.
How to apply
- Complete the online application form if you are an individual business or if you are a cluster of businesses.
- If you are approved, select a registered security audit contractor to complete the mandatory security audit on your premises. The cost of the security audit is covered by the program (up to $2,000 for individual businesses and up to $7,000 for a cluster of businesses) is covered by the program.
- Once the security audit has been completed, you will be able to seek quotes from a registered security supplier and apply for a voucher to carry out security improvement works.
- For individual business applicants, up to $8,000 will be available as on a dollar-for-dollar co-contribution basis toward the cost of eligible works.
- For cluster business applicants, up to $43,000 will be available on a dollar-for-dollar matching basis to make improvements based on the security audit.
- In line with the above, the NT Government will provide a voucher to the business receiving the security improvements.
- Once the job is done, the supplier doing the work receives the voucher as part or full payment. If applicable, the business receiving the work pays the balance.
- The supplier redeems the voucher from the NT Government.
For further details please see the program terms and conditions.